Well I was totally bummed when I found out. One because he is so young it will be a long time until a new tooth grows in and two because Coby has the biggest best smile. It's something I totally love about him. I was also worried about how he would handle it all and it was expensive. So overall, a bad visit! We ended up taking him to a pediatric dentist who confirmed the first recommendation and then a week later after some antibotics he was scheduled to have it pulled. The week in between I pretty much cried about it almost every night. Maybe pregnancy hormones, I don't know, but it just left me feeling helpless and sad for some reason.
Jacoby took him the to the appointment since I don't tend to do so well with things like dentist office smells, blood, pain, etc. ( Which reminds me of the time I went to pick up my friend from getting her wisdom teeth out and I ended up having to lay down becuase I almost passed out. I think they weren't too happy with her choice of a designated driver!) He said they gave him some "silly juice" (a dixie cup of sedation stuff that cost us $200!) and then after that he was nice and silly and numb and they were able to do all the work they needed to. I was rather horrified when I saw him after the fact for it looked exactly like what I was worried about, a huge gaping hole in his beautiful smile! But after some healing time it looks great and its like he's always been missing it. He was a trooper though and really liked getting a new toy afterwards and then getting money from the toothfairy!
Before the appointment
1 comment:
ah, poor guy. or poor heather! i know exactly how you felt, jim brought grace home last year with 1/3 of her front tooth missing, she had fallen and chipped it off. thankfully, the pediatric dentist said it wouldn't kill the tooth, but i remember thinking that her smile wouldn't look normal until her permanent tooth came in. now i hardly notice it. of course it isn't a whole tooth, but i'm sure coby's smile is adorable and you'll get used to it! :)
Post a Comment