Thursday, May 8, 2008

Suretrack


Christmas picture
Today making the worlds longest train


Suretrack has changed our lives. Okay, well maybe it's not quite that dramatic but I do love them. Our boys got an awesome train table for Christmas that never really gets played with mainly due to the fact that the tracks are always broken. We set it up and within minutes, sometimes even seconds Rett has either taken pieces of the track off or one of the boys has accidentally bumped it and the whole thing falls down. So within a week of owning it we gave up on having any levels or bridges (which make the whole thing more fun) and only made flat courses. Lately I have gotten so tired of always having to re-build that we had talked about gluing it down. And then suretrack came into our lives. Someone mentioned it at a playgroup and skeptical though I was about paying $14 for 14 little clips (I only paid $15 for the table and all the tracks!) it has been a miracle! Our track has been together almost three weeks now, bridges and all with only a few minor fixes now and again. The clips just slide under where the tracks connect to one another and hold them fixed so even if they get bumped or purposely pulled they will not disconnect. We only have enough for one upper level so we have them on the upper sections and a few of the upper/lower connections but they work wonders. If you have train tracks and little boys give it a try!!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, that's awesome! I remember you going through this whole dilemma. I'm glad you found an alternative to the more permanent glue solution. :)

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Seriously, that sounds like the best idea...I also have two boys that have the same problem! Although, now it is only at playgroup since we had to leave our train tracks back in the states. I love your grandparents dancing also! I'm sure you'll treasure that.
Amy